IIT JEE is one of the most sought after and esteemed entrances to get a seat into the prestigious IITs, NITs and other top engineering colleges in the country. The catch is that not only the students from India can appear for those colleges but the students residing in other countries can also appear for the entrance. IIT JEE, apart from India will be conducted in Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Singapore, Ethiopia, UAE, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Nepal. It is quite a sigh of relief for the students residing in those countries. The dream to get placed in one of the IITs is no more a dream only. It can be realized.
The process is not too tough. Yes, the distance might be a concern and the syllabus that you have been studying in your respective countries will differ too. What matters is the preparation for IIT JEE. As the syllabus differs from that of the syllabus in India, the hard work will be slightly rigorous. It is, therefore advisable that the preparation should start as soon as the 10th barrier has been crossed.
What should the preparation be like?
As the competition is tough and the students the India already have an edge over other countries for the syllabus that mirrors the topics of class 11th and 12th Boards, you will have to pull your socks for better results. Here’s a step by step process that can be followed to make the task at hand easier.
- Syllabus: First of all, you should know the syllabus well. When you have everything at hand, things get easier to proceed. You may also come to know of the topics that are not included in your countries board syllabus. This will give a heads up and make you more aware of the competition.
Syllabus for Physics
- General Physics
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Wave Nature of Light
- Modern Physics
Syllabus for Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Gaseous and Liquid States
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Analytical Geometry
- Two Dimensions
- Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
Within these topics, there are many sub-topics that you might have to prepare for. It is lengthy and exhausting too.
- Join an Online Coaching: As you will have to face a strong competition with the students of all other countries mentioned including India, it is mandatory that you do a little research on the reputed coaching centers that are available online. These online coaching can give you the overall support from building your basics as per the syllabus and creating an edge for facing the entrance boldly. Online coaching can be beneficial to crack the entrance in one go. The syllabus will be covered in two years or one depending on the program you choose. When you join an online coaching, you will have access to the number of features that will help you in the long run.
- Online Lectures- When you join an online coaching, you will have access to the lecture by experts and IITians of various colleges and universities. You will feel like attending a class with other students. There is nothing like learning from those who have rich experience in the field of teaching the future IITians and aspirants for decades.
- Get Updates required: All the updates pertaining to IIT JEE will be covered within the program and you can stay updated about everything that is going to happen or happening in the field.
- Study Materials: You will get help with the study materials required for self-study at home and thereby improve your concept. Although you will be away, you will have access to everything that is required for a strong preparation.
- Mock Tests: After the completion of the course, you can appear for mock tests online which will help you gaze your improvement and competency with the rest of the candidates.
- Doubt Clearing Sessions: Most of the online coaching will provide you with a slot for clearing the doubts. It will be your support throughout the journey.
- Self-Study: Apart from all the lessons that you get from your online tutor, you will need some contribution through self-study for performing well in the entrance. A serious self-study of about three to four hours daily that includes practice and learning the same syllabus will go a long way in helping you.
Maintain a routine without missing a single day so that the preparation is on track. While self-studying, refer to the E-Books of various authors and publications that will add to the hard work you have been doing for cracking the entrance.
There is no shortcut to success and it is true with students from other countries too. II JEE has a global competition and owing to this, the students have been seen gearing up from day one for getting admission into their favorite engineering colleges.
If you want to live your dream, it is time you buck up and get hard working!